Dienstag, 10. Mai 2016

Falling up the Stairs (06) - Waiting for C'thun & Lulz of Yogg Saron

As promised in the last posting, I want to talk the deck that - surprisingly, I gotta say - took me to 14(**). I'm still kinda proud of that achievement, even though it certainly was a matter of getting the right games/matchups at the right time.

It's a Magician deck featuring our Lord and Saviour C'Thun! See you after the break!
 
"Waiting for C'Thun" - Magician
Frostbolt x2
Beckoner of Evil x2
Wizard's Apprentice x2
Arcane Intellect x2
Spellshaper
Flamewaker x2
Disciple of C'Thun x2
Fireball x2
Polymorph x2
Cult Apothecary x2
Servant of Yogg-Saron
Faceless Conjurer x2
Flameblast x2
North See Kraken
C'Thun *

Basic Idea: This is based off of the "Spell Madness" deck Formula - but built towards C'Thun instead of Yogg-Saron, whom even I consider to be way to fucking random.
Version Notes: This is actually version two. I had a Kirin Tor Magician in it but booted her out for another Cult Apothecary.

Impending Changes: When it comes to changes, the only debatable candidates are the Spellshaper - and I love it because it generally doesn't get triggered, and it will likely keep your heavy safe at a really important time. (I'm still waiting for the day when she snacks a Blessing of Kings, though), and the North Sea Kraken, though I really feel that having another really big lug is a really good thing. So if I were to switch him out, it would be for another heavweight.
Strategies: Utilize the spell power to keep the board under control until you're ready to deploy your heavies, and/or put pressure on the opposing hero so that C'Thun/anything and then a Fireball can finish him off. I always keep Beckoners and Frostbolts in the opening hand because I feel it's really important to have something that can instantly kill something with three Health in the first few turns (like Manawyrms or Northshire Clerics or Voidwalkers or...).

So, that's the deck, I hope you like it. I know it has C'Thun, and everyone does nowadays, but I figure that'll even out over time, and he's only a tool in this deck, and not the main event. The things I know it's "weak" against are Tank-Warrior and that Trap-Hunter with the bow... that one's particularly aweful. So something against Weapons would be a potential insertion, God knows where though.

Thanks for reading this far, and remember:
It's all fun and games until somebody runs out of cards.

Bonus Special:
THE LOLZ of Yogg Saron!
or: Keeping track of whether my Servant of Yogg Saron does meaningful shit.

At the time of this writing, I've cast Servant of Yogg-Saron fourteen times. He, in response, cast this for me:
Good                 Pointless          Bullshit
Charge (himself)     Strengthen         Arcane Strike (friendly minion)
Rafaam's Curse       Circle of Healing  Arcane Strike (himself)
Thunderstorm                            Backstab (himself)
Consecration                            Bane of Doom (himself)
Hellfire
Animal Companion (Grumble)
Under the Colosseum
Freezing Trap

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen