Freitag, 8. April 2016

Falling up the Stairs (01) - Djinni Paladin, Budget Style

I promised a look at the decks I'm currently liking the most, so here we go. Gotta start somewhere.

Just to remind you, I'm playing Hearthstone for two-and-a-half months, and without spending money on it. So a lot of decks are, for the foreseeable future, quite budget in a bunch of card choices, out of necessity.

This deck I'm going to talk about is based on the same idea as the deck presented here. And while I know it's definitely inferior to the deck presented there - let's just say that I managed to defeat Baron Geddon (heroic) with it. Not the most impressive feat, but my first heroic victory anyway, and on the first run with the deck. ;-)

Less bragging and more talk after the break.
Djinni ad-Din I (Because Djinni-Egg-Ladin is a stupid name)

Hand of Protection x2
Blessing of Power x2
Argent Squire
Dragon's Egg x2
Young Dragon Falcon x2
Leprous Gnome
Argent Protector
Jeweled Scarab x2
Earthen Ring Seer
Truesilver Champion x2
Hammer of Wrath x2
Blessing of Kings x2
Consecration x2
Blessed Champion
Djinni of Zephyrs x2
Knight of the Silver Hand x2
Emperor Thaurissan *
Stormwind Champion x2

Basic Idea: Playing one buff is one thing - getting two out of them with the Djinni is more than two things. And the Paladins has access to both cheap (Blessing of Power et al) and powerful (Blessing of Kings et al) buffs.
Version Notes: This deck varies heavily from the postured original. It has no GvG or Naxxramas cards, but I think as far as cheap minions go, there are options. On the plus side, it's absolutely legal for Standard - which will be my favourite mode of play. I'm also silly in love with the scarab, you'll figure that out eventually.
Impending Changes: I'd like another Argent Squire and Leprous Gnome. Abusive Sergeants would be great, too. As soon as I get around to the next episode of "League of Explorers", I'll get Keepers of Uldaman. Seal of Champions will also be a great addition (it's common, after all, so getting that is no problem unless you're out of dust). I'll keep you updated.
Strategies: Keep board presence, spread out the buffs among the minions, use booger bubble minions to create favourable trades/make those buffs stick around longer, double up on them with the Djinni if possible, beat the opposing hero's face in.

That's all for this post, I guess. It feels very short, but a) that's probably unavoidable for this type of article, and b) maybe even a good idea. I mean, who's got the time to read long articles anyway? If you dis/agree, why not just leave a comment below?

See you around, and:
It's all fun and games until somebody runs out of cards.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen